Holland & Sherry Launches in Indian Market

Holland & Sherry Launches in Indian Market

Holland and Sherry India Private Limited (HSIPL) the Joint Venture between Holland & Sherry (H&S) and the SK Birla group kicked-off operations with launch of a nation-wide marketing campaign of their exclusive luxury cloth ranges specially designed for the Indian market.

H&S is a world renowned cloth producer and retailer supplying high-end fabrics to prestigious fashion houses and retailers all over the world. The H&S Fabrics are used in garments to dress prominent Hollywood celebrities, politicians, royalty, ambassadors and industrialists among others. H&S holds 51 per cent share in HSIPL and Birla Holding Ltd, the other 49 per cent.

The fabric range unveiled includes Holland & Sherry’s Imperial Gold – The ultimate in luxury worsted suiting, Blue Sapphire, Black Pearl and The Signature Collection. Sidharth Birla, chairman, Digjam and other Birla Companies, Frank O’Reilly, chief operating officer, H&S, Walid Bathich, regional director, H&S, C Bhaskar, MD and CEO, Digjam Ltd & Holland & Sherry India and Ravinder Sharma, director, Holland & Sherry India, unveiled the collection here.

The high-end collection will meet the aspirations of the contemporary Indian consumer who is highly educated, sophisticated, well travelled and is willing to spend on quality products. The luxury segment in India has been growing rapidly at 25 per cent CAGR. A recent report by industry chamber ASSOCHAM also expects the luxury segment in India to grow to 18.6 billion US dollar by 2016-17.

“This partnership would set new standards in luxury by making available the rarest and most exquisite fabric collections to our customers from the world renowned Holland & Sherry. HSIPL has successfully created new channels with 100-plus dealer outlets operational in all provinces in India. The aim of the venture is to have an annual growth of 15 to 20 per cent for the coming five years,” C Bhaskar, MD and CEO of Digjam Ltd and Holland & Sherry India said.

H&S is one of the most prestigious cloth weavers in the world. For 180 years it has played a leading role in supplying luxury clothes to the top end of the market, bespoke tailors, Parisian haute couture fashion houses and high class garment manufacturers.

Apparel & Textile News – Apparel Talk, Indian Apparel