SDC International Limited is organising an ‘International Summit on Textile Coloration-2017’: Colouring the Emperors New Clothes to be held at the BMICH, Colombo, Sri Lanka on 08th March 2017.
The SDC is the world’s leading independent, educational charity dedicated to advancing the science and technology of colour worldwide. It was established in 1884 and have been representing the industry for over 125 years.
This conference will bring together textile colourists, buyers , retailers , garmenters , acamedicians and reserchers from around the world to discuss technical innovations & ‘green’ initiatives in the textile coloration industry.It will consists of three sessions:
• Compliance in Colour Management
• Compliance in Textile Coloration
• Compliance in Fashion
The world is changing fast. Colourists have to recognise the challenge and face it squarely.
- Retailers and brand owners demand the best performance at ever decreasing prices
- Frequent eco norm changes place the colourists under tremendous pressure and may introduce perceived trade barriers
- The cost of natural resources and labour are increasing worldwide with consequential impacts on margins in static or decreasing prices markets
- Challenges include unsold retail inventories
- Global markets are increasingly turbulent with the emergence of online selling channels
- Eco-friendly products are unable to leverage higher prices from purchasers
“What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and other”- Mahatama Gandhi. These words emphasis the need to repect and protect our environment, at the conference they would help you to explore the tools and technolgies to do it.
Apparel and Textile News, Apparel Talk, Indian Apparel